by Mike Blessing
Special to L. Neil Smith’s The Libertarian Enterprise
Last year (Tuesday, 8 June 2021), one “MikeWrites” said that when hoplophobes and victim disarmers say that they don’t want to “take your guns” (forciby disarm you), that he isn’t in that crowd, and that he DOES want to take your guns.
H/T Larry Correia — Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 1:41 PM MST
Some notes and thoughts about this post —
The post in question (Tuesday, 8 June 2021) has apparently been deleted.
Mr. “MikeWrites” styles himself as a writer, yet apparently won’t post his real name. It’s understandable to not use your full name when explicitly stating that you’re willing to use deadly force to deprive others of liberty and property in order to have your momentary warm fuzzy that you “made a difference” and “got something done.”
What “MikeWrites” DOES do is post profilicly on Twitter (the first four letters of “Twitter” describe him to a tee).
It’s also apparent that “MikeWrites” hasn’t read “2nd Amendment and the Kool-aid Drinkers” by Command Sergeant Major (CSM) Paul Howe (U.S. Army (Retired)).
Basically, CSM Howe was an “assaulter” with the “Delta Force” (1st Special Forces, Operational Detachment Delta). His 8-to-5, Monday-to-Friday occupation was dynamic-entry and close-quarter combat — when he wasn’t training for such operations, he was either on actual ops or training others to run such ops.
In “2nd Amendment and the Kool Aid Drinkers,” CSM Howe makes the case that enforcing firearms confiscation on a large scale will be a fools’ errand at best, and a bloodbath at worst, with the disarmament crowd’s enforcers suffering significant casualties. And that’s for people who train for this sort of thing as their day job.
Chances are that when “MikeWrites” says he’s OK with uncooperative gun owners being killed en masse in the name of victim disarmament, he’s not willing to “stack up” and do the wet work himself. He’ll be wanting to schluff the getting hands dirty part off onto law enforcement.
You see, “stacking up” and getting shot at by those us unwilling to surrender liberty and property upon the demand of “MikeWrites” for his warm fuzzy of the day — well, that just might get in the way of “MikeWrites” posting pictures of his dinner plates to Twitter.
It’s also a good bet that “MikeWrites” was on board with the calls to “defund the police” in 2020, in response to the murder of George Floyd.
So he wants the people he expects to get shot at for his pet cause (victim disarmament) to do so, but without all of the weapons and ammo that they will insist on having for the task?
“MikeWrites” should also consider these facts:
- The law-enforcement types that he expects and demands to his wet work for him consistently, to the tune of 60 to 70 percent, say that they don’t want anything to do with the victim disarmament cause. (I refer again to “2nd Amendment and the Kool-aid Drinkers.”)
- In the states where restrictive laws have been implemented, compliance is spotty at best. Connecticut insisted that “assault weapon” owners register them after the Sandy Hook massacre — only five percent or so actually did, and state government there gave up insisting that everyone register them after it turned out that 68% of Connecticut’s cops would be among those required to register.
- America has the world’s largest amount of firearms already in the civilian sector. F-Troop (“BATFE”) estimates that number to be around 300-320 million. Other estimates push the number as much as twice or three times the official estimate.
- America has the world’s largest supply of precision machine tools. I read a comment posted to an article by a machinist that said it wouldn’t matter if guns were illegal — all he needed was time and metal, and he could make any weapon he wanted.
- America has 12,000 miles of basically unenforceable borders and coastlines. Law enforcement only stops about five percent of the drugs being smuggled into the country. When the powers that be outlaw a commodity that’s in demand, whether it’s unsanctioned drugs or unsanctioned labor, someone will find a way to make money in satisfying that demand. Outlawing guns will simply allow organized crime, whether it’s the Mafia that was supposedly wiped out, the biker gangs or the street gangs, to get further into the weapons market.
- Most of America’s food production areas (“Flyover Country” is what Frau Reichsecretary Hillary’s friends call it) are decidely pro-gun. Is he prepared and willing to raise his own vegetables, grain, beef, fish, pork, chickens?
In short, Mr. “MikeWrites,” it’s time for you and yours to shit or get off the pot.
“Stack up” or shut up, “MikeWrites” !
Mike Blessing maintains two pages where he collects folks who do want to take your guns, on Facebook and Wimkin. He would be glad of any contributions. — Ed.
Happy with this piece? Annoyed? Disagree? Speak your peace.
Note: All letters to this address will be considered for
publication unless they say explicitly Not For Publication
Was that worth reading?
Then why not: